Monday, April 7, 2014

BUS RIDER TO OPTINSTL: WILL I GET IN TROUBLE FOR JAMMING THE PHONE LINES?

Jam the Metro Phone Lines: 
http://optinstl.blogspot.com/2014/03/jam-phone-lines-leaflet-for-use-and-to.html
http://optinstl.blogspot.com/2014/04/why-flooding-metros-phone-lines-is.html
http://optinstl.blogspot.com/2014/04/flooding-phone-lines-be-polite-but-dont.html

Good question.

The answer should always be "NO."  Jamming the phone lines is not illegal.  It is really just a very high volume of something they claim they want: Feedback.

But that is just what they say.  And this "agency" (I think they should really call themselves a "federally funded corporation") is run by powerful men that want to keep their privilege and their profits and control and design the city for their own purposes.

You never really know if the country has become a new Nazi Germany until you try to change something.  You never really know how free you are until you test that freedom.

The harder the authorities come down on dissent, the more dangerous that dissent is to them.

So, if you DO get in trouble-- let's say they start tracking the phone numbers that call them repeatedly, and those people suddenly find themselves getting harassed by cops or social services on seemingly unrelated incidents-- you know that you are threatening the power structure.

For myself, I was a radical political activist for 9 years in the late 80's and early 90's.  I've been arrested a lot at political demonstrations.  Even been on the front page of newspapers in handcuffs.  Been followed and tapped by local and federal law enforcement.

They have my fingerprints.  The po-po knows who I am.*

Does that scare me?  No.

What scares me is living in a world where 1% of the population controls everything that happens.  Where the structure of government and society is based on profit for the 1% and the "wanna-be 1%."  Where politicians are basically bought and paid for by corporations and wealthy men like the Koch Brothers, and everyone else is left to fight each other for table scraps.

What scares me is a population that does not fight hard enough for equality and justice.  Where white lawyers and businessmen rake up profits on black "crime.Where "right to work" actually means "right to fire workers" for any reason at all.  Where policemen are basically thugs and criminals.  (And then head to Sauget to celebrate their victories.)

Public transportation is a necessity for many people.  It should not be an after-thought to business development.  It should not be guided and controlled by businessmen and politicians for their purposes.  It should not be a bunch run by a bunch of executives that don't even ride the buses.

I think the better question is; Will I get in trouble if I DON'T stand up for my rights?  Will my apathy create a society ripe for fascism?

OCCUPY YOUR LIFE! OCCUPY YOUR CITY! OCCUPY YOUR JOB!

OCCUPY PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION IN ST. LOUIS!


* I use the Guy Fawkes mask that Anonymous (and this, in particular, for me) is so found of because I want this blog and these actions to be about something bigger than who I am.  And I wanted to link to the "movement of movements", the worldwide wave of action. The time is now for all of us to be the change we want to see in the world.  Stand for what is right, even if you stand alone.  Having said that, I can't wait until more like-minded activists join me in investigating Metro and the power structure of St. Louis and posting on this blog. 


No comments:

Post a Comment